Saturday, June 12, 2010

8 June Email

Subject: Carazinho Week 3

Dear family,
Things are going great here in Carazinho. The area is awesome, and we don't have to walk crazy distances every day just to teach. We have a baptism planned for this Saturday and 2 or 3 hopefuls for the coming 3 or 4 weeks. Hopefully in the coming 3 weeks (before the transfer ends) so that we can reach the zone's goal of every companionship having 3 baptisms.

Also this last week we were contacting some references and we started teaching this guy that is the husband of an inactive member (in Brazil they never get married actually, they just start living together and call themselves married). He is an elite! We already taught him the first and second lesson and the word of wisdom and he understands everything and is progressing. The only problem I think that he will have is that he is the goalie of a club type soccer team that plays here in Carazinho and they always play every Sunday morning. He already promised us a churrasco tomorrow. =]

Other than that not much new has happened here. We are working like crazy. My companion really likes to talk a lot which helps. Today (P-day) we are going to a small town called Santa Barbera do Sul to teach a girl that lives there (about 60 km from Carazinho). She has already been to church a few times and some other elders that passed here about 5 or 6 months ago taught her a little bit and she already has received an answer and has a testimony. So we are really just going there to make friends with her parents (humble farmers) so that they will give her permission to be baptized. I think we are going to make some brownies or pancakes with maple and maybe do some other P-day activities there.

The ward here is pretty strong. A lot stronger than the ward in Hamburgo Velho and the branch in Canela that I passed through. I have a bunch of photos to send to you guys but none of the LAN houses seem to have a card reader here. Maybe I'll buy one if I find one cheap somewhere.

Thanks for all the photos of Memorial Day. I completely forgot about Memorial Day. It looks like everyone had a great time on the floats and trumpeting and the bike also. Is Rem going to start racing too? Does he know that you have to keep peddling for like 2 hours?

I think Pageant is coming up soon. Do you guys think that you could email me the audio track with the words in English and maybe in Portuguese also if you find it? That would be great. Well, we've got to go to lunch soon and then to Santa Barbara. Maybe I'll email the photos next week. I think I have about 50! I hope to hear from you all next week. Sorry I didn't email last week - we had a busy P-day.

I love you all!
Elder Steele

Oh and I wanted to say that the package arrived here safely with everything intact. There is even 1 CD with Christmas songs that sounds just like Erin and Liz's voice. And thanks for the cookbook. And all of the candy. And thanks for the Rubik's cube also, but who removed the instructions? I can't seem to solve it all the way. The shorts fit nicely; the only problem is that it's like 40-50 degrees here now and NO ONE has a heater in their house and so you have to wear a coat even inside to keep warm. But I am sure that I will use them a bunch! The battery works great. It stays charged for a long time. The candy is almost gone (only the peanut butter and some m&ms are left) so if you guys wanted you could start preparing the next package so that I will receive it this next transfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment