Saturday, June 12, 2010

25 May Email

Subject: Carazinhho (Zona Passo Fundo Tche)

Hello Family,

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Everything is going great here in Carazinho. Last Monday I packed up all my bags. Tuesday morning I grabbed a bus to Porto Alegre with the other elders from the zone that were being transferred. There we met up with about 40-45 other missionaries at the huge bus station to find out where we were all being transferred to and to receive our bus tickets to our new areas. I got transferred to the area Carazinho (Passo Fundo Zone). I grabbed a 4 hour bus to Passo Fundo with 4 other elders being transferred to the zone as well. We got there at about 8 at night and met up with the rest of the missionaries in the zone. I grabbed my companion and we got on the last bus of the night to Carazinho (8pm). The bus ride was only one more hour to a little city called Carazinho. We are the only two elders working here (There have been 4 on the past).

The area is awesome. All the members here are great and we are getting a lot of work done. Yesterday we had Churrasco (Barbecue) for family night with a whole bunch of meat and food. We didn't even plan it for my birthday. My companion told everyone about halfway through that it was my birthday and everyone sang to me. It doesn't really feel any different being 20 years old. The zone leaders here went on divisions with the assistants and they said that they saw a package for me there but that it hadn't been released yet by the mission office (maybe they have to sort it or something)? I should get it next Monday at the zone conference here in Passo Fundo.

Anyways, everything is going great here in Passo Fundo. The ward is really strong here and the leaders are all great. My companions name is Elder Tavares. He is from Fortaleza. He has been working great and I am learning a lot from him. Hopefully I'll stay here at least another transfer or two. The walking here is significantly less than that of my last area. I hope everything is going great at home. Thanks for the email from Grandma Edith also. I will talk to you all next week.

Love you all,

Elder Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment