Tuesday, March 23, 2010

23 March 2010

Here is Jonathan's email from this week - Enjoy!

Subject: 2 weeks until transfers

Dear Family,

It sounds like Washington DC was great. Thanks for all the pictures. I am glad that Dad is back on his feet and that Remington made a few bucks selling the dirtbike. Not much has happened this past week.

I saw on the numbers that the 2 children of the family in my last area were baptized. All that is left now is the father, but he never really seemed too interested when I was there.

I have Sarah's christmas present. I just need to find time and figure out the best way to send it. I think that I will send 1 package home and then you can forward on her present. Do you guys want anything in particular from Brazil? Matt might be able to suggest some things for me to send also. It's exciting that Erin's baby is almost due again!

This past Sunday we went to the group meeting instead of the Hamburgo Velho ward. There were about 15 or 20 people there. I gave a short talk just saying who I was and where I was from and a little bit about how family prayer is important. Not much else happened this week.

The pictures:
One is of the bairro of Kephas
One is of the little boy that lives below us and always brings his toys up to our porch

[Apparently he didn't send this picture, though he thought he did?]

The last one is of me and this guy on the street that said he was a member. He was telling us a story about how he took on 40 people that were all trying to kill him, and that he killed them all and was only left with big scars on his left arm and 3 knife wounds on his chest right next to his heart. I don't know if it's true though. He said he also is an airplane pilot. I don't know if I believe that. He had a pistol on him, also. I didn't get a close enough look to see the make and model.

[And he didn't talk about this picture at all:]

Until next week!

Com amor, Elder Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment