Monday, February 15, 2010

Cinnamon

This is last week's email. Sorry for the delay in posting... Hopefully we'll get another tomorrow!

Things are going great. The time keeps moving faster and faster. I hope to let you all know that I am already 10% of the way through my mission. But don’t worry, I’m not trunky. I feel pretty settled in already. This transfer already ends in 2 more weeks, which is really crazy (we have a 5 week transfer once a year).

Matt: The vocabulary can be difficult at times but I am almost able to understand about 50% of what people say. That's good enough right… Thanks for the advice about living with a companion. I know that I will have to save that for later. The chimmarroa is pretty good here. It's like the chimmarroa capitol of the world. I have all my own equipment. It was about 20 reais for all of it (13 or 14 american). We have some terere also that my companion had, but we just ran out and it’s hard to find here. I like it better cold and sweet. Haven’t been to a churrascaria for churrasco yet.

The first Sunday was great in the new building. The AC in the chapel is really nice. I think some of the members will dress warmer next week.

Mostly everyone here is white. You can probably find the percentages online somewhere.

We just buy bananas. Maybe when I get a brazillian companion he will be able to show me what is good.

MYLDSMail send me an email this week letting me know that they are upgrading their email client and using Google's servers. This will be good because the current email client doesn’t work that great.

They don’t have acai much here. It’s more from the north. Antarctica is my favorite brand of guaranĂ¡. I have heard of this brand called GuaranĂ¡ Jesus. They only sell it in Rio. It’s supposed to be really good, though. They don’t have many street vendors here.

When you say that Hunter's iPod was stolen at Bristol last week you mean that my iPod was stolen at Bristol last week.

I don’t know what churches are really popular here.

Thanks for the recipes Erin. Its quarto e meia right now (4:30). I think I am currently 3 hours ahead of you.

I have tried cervada. It tastes like Corn Pops. I think it's made from the same plant. We give it to people so they will stop drinking coffee. Some like it, some don’t. I think that it tastes pretty good.

Savannah: Thanks for the email! Ask me more questions so that I can answer them. Good luck managing all your time. Try to have some fun once in a while

Mom: I already have all the hymns in Portuguese, as well as the Primary songs. Also, we get the Ensign here. You could send me some CDs. I haven’t gotten any packages. Do you know what the verdict was on the 2 that arrived to the CTM? I would like a Rubik's Cube. Some of the bus rides are really long here.

They have about 10 areas shut down because of the shortage of Elders here. We have a district here with 3 branches. I don’t work in the next town over, known as Gremado. That's a bigger town than Canela and is one of the biggest tourist towns in the south of Brazil. My time is up on the computer. I miss you all and love you.

Tchua – Elder Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment