Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Semana 6 and a photo

Olha familia!

The MTC is going great. Monday and Tuesday of this week I have only been speaking in Portuguese and it has helped a lot. The words are starting to connect in my brain easier and they also come a lot quicker. Is has been nice. The hardest part about learning a new language is the vocabulary and also tuning your ear into the native tongue. The latter I know will come once I get to the field. I will have to keep learning vocabulary every day if I want to become fluent fast. It’s been pretty hot the past week. It has also rained almost every day. The street on the west side of the CTM has about .4 meter of water running along it because it was raining so hard, and yesterday it was hot and sunny outside but it was raining really hard. It looked really weird out of our window. Anyway not much else is going on here. I guess that I will hear from you all next week.

Thanks for all the prayers! Love you. Tcau.

In Reply to your emails:

Grandma - I'm sorry that you are still having problems with your health; I hope that the doctors can find out the problem and get it fixed soon. That is exciting that they are going to split the DR country...or did you mean the mission? I suppose you meant the mission. That is very exciting how many new members are being brought unto the fold in Africa. Thanks for the E-mail. It’s really nice getting an update from you! I love you!

Mom - That's exciting about the snow and the new seminary teacher. I didn't know that you were working at the YMCA. Sounds legit. Elder Boudreaux is going to serve a 2 year mission - wow! Does he know where he is going yet? Tell him congratulations for me! How does the Mr. Cheney's cookies letter and photo sending work? I haven't tried it/don't know anything about it. Have fun with the pies.

Saváñha – That snow sounds exciting. The few elders that have made it here from the Provo MTC talk about how cold it was which makes me a little bit jealous but it's okay. I didn’t know Provo had such bad air. The whole time I was there I figured that I was breathing in clean, healthy mountain air. I guess it was all just a trick. That's good that your teaching career is going well. The answer to your prayers was given to me last week when some instructors were looking at the picture of my family I had in the class room. They all really liked Liz and keep calling me their brother-in-law (well, just 2 of them). They really like her black hair, so I think if you dyed your hair black you might score. Thanks for the email!

Mãte-ou – Thanks for the warning about the hot dog. I have seen those little chip fries at the cafeteria here. They taste just like chips so I don’t eat them. Nothing much new at the CTM. I am for sure leaving on the second with the rest of my district. Lately we have been practicing a lot of the lessons in Portuguese. Mainly lessons 1-4. I don’t even know much about lesson 5 except that it's more about the church today. My morning teacher served in the same mission that I am going to. He tells me all about it and it sounds exciting. My afternoon teacher served in Manaus and he always talks about the times he has committed people to baptism after 15 minutes of the first lesson. Manaus and Porto Alegre are a huge contrast in terms of wealth and baptisms though. Say hello to Ella for me.

Dad – Thanks for the email. Glad Chuck got another truck. How is the plowing going this winter for him? That's too bad Adam Jayme didn’t take the job. Not much let down for me seeing as I didn’t know he was offered one. The snow show booth sounds exciting. Try to do something unique and catchy so you can catch people's interests. That's exciting that Rem took Tori on another date. It’s good that he has finally had a change of heart. The time is going by very quickly here. Love you. Até próximo Semana

No comments:

Post a Comment