Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Second email from Week 3

This email was from last week, sent about 3 hours earlier than the previously posted email:

Hey thanks for all the emails family,

The last week has been good. The weeks are going by a lot faster now. The first week every day seemed like it dragged on forever because it was new and I had to get used to sitting in a classroom for long periods. Sunday night we had a devotional with just singing that lasted for an hour and 15 minutes. There were a few narrations, in between the songs, about Christ and his birth. It still doesn't feel at all like Feliz Natal though. For Christmas we get to wear normal clothes the whole day and play games and such. I am excited.

The language is good. Portuguese seems pretty simple and there are always Brazilheiros here to correct us and to practice with. The group of Brazilheiros that entered the MTC the day after we did left yesterday morning. It was sad seeing them all leave because they are all so friendly and loving. We use a program called TALL 4.0 (technology assisted language learning). It doesn't work well and the connect is through Provo so it takes a long time to load. So actually we don't really use it.

To answer Matt's questions:
1. What should we name our baby girl?
I don't like either of the names you gave me. Delainey is weird and Robin is too short. How about Ada?
2. Do they still have "dignidade serena" (quiet dignity) signs up everywhere?
Yes they do, but the mission president and everything here is really really relaxed because of the small number of missionaries.

To answer Rem:
1. It's too bad you missed that buck. Did you end up getting any other deer than the one you shot near the time I left? Did anyone top my 7 deer this year? I am glad my skis are working great.

All of my companions are American. We got 2 Americans last week. My companions are Elder Collingwood and Elder Gentile. Last week it was Elder Collingwood and Elder Hodges but Hodges was 2 weeks ahead because he came from Provo. His companion is now Elder Cox since they are in the same class and at the same language level.

I know MY purpose in Portuguese and I almost have the first vision memorized. I think I am going to start on the articles of faith maybe this week or next.

I will try to send some pictures home in a month or two. I have like 2500 pictures left to take before my card fills up so it might take a while. Maybe I will wait till it is half full.

Well I have 2 minutes until the times runs out but I will hop on the computer outside of the MTC and check in about 2 or 3 hours. Tchau

No comments:

Post a Comment